Saturday, October 8, 2011

Marked for Meh.

Making my Friday blog posts since I didn't end up having time yesterday with the St. Francis workshop I was at. Came home trying to catch up on stuff and I suppose this just slipped my mind... Sorry, Mr. Hill.

At the moment, I'm reading Marked, the first installment of P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast's "House of Night" series. To be perfectly honest, the reason why I'm reading this book after it's been so talked about and popular for so long? I was cozened into reading it by my friend Skyler. -.-

So, Marked, if you haven't read it already, is centered around a girl named Zoey, who gets marked to become a vampyre by the Tracker (who I suppose makes his rounds and follows those deemed worthy to become a vampyre; not much is said about him). Zoey, then to the gargantuan dismay of her parents, must go to the House of Night, a boarding school of sorts for fledgling vampyres or she will die. Though her parents are prepared to let her die rather than allow her to become a vampyre, Zoey runs away to her Grandma Redbird's farm and the story begins from there.

I probably would have never read this book had I not felt obligated to. However, it's actually not that bad after slipping back into that whiny-teen-angst writing perspective again. I just don't enjoy books centered around a school (except Harry Potter, that's a totally different story!). I read to escape school troubles and stresses.

I'd recommend this, but it's not one of my favorites. (: Who knows, maybe it will be by the time I'm done with it (which should be soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment