Saturday, October 8, 2011

Currently~!

Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher (248 pages)
"Hare Moon" - Carrie Ryan (19 pages)
Marked - P.C. and Kristin Cast (195 pages)
_________________________________
Total for this week... 462 pages.
Last week's total: 706 pages.

That thar grand total: 6343 pages.

On a side note, I didn't comment on "Hare Moon" pretty much because I'd forgotten I'd read it. Though written by one of my favorite authors (Carrie Ryan, The Forest of Hands and Teeth) and written on a good storyline, the different style (she wrote in 3rd person rather than her usual 1st person perspective) threw me off.

Recommended as a good short story, just read it before you read any of the Forest of Hands and Teeth books since it's a bit of a prequel.

Sentences of the Week:

3rd place) Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse, I saw the dead guy standing next to my locker. - Marked

2nd place) Tomorrow, the world will be hers. - "Hare Moon"

1st place) I look down at my lap, at the Walkman. It's too dark to see the spindles behind the plastic window, pulling the tape from one side to the other, but I need to focus on something, so I try. And concentrating on the spot where the two spindles should be is the closest I get to looking into Hannah's eyes as she tells my story. - Thirteen Reasons Why

Knowing the story, it's simply a very, very powerful few lines. I love the comparison between the two tape spindles and Hannah's eyes, but the comparison is heart-breaking, too, because it is at this very moment you can truly imagine what Clay is going through. I think I mentioned this before, but this book? It made me cry. That hasn't happened since the last Harry Potter book.

Amazing book and story that grabs onto you right away and holds on until the end, both burdening and comforting all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment