Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Great Return Race and What's Happening Next

So, I went to renew my book last night (The Iron Queen) from the Aboite library, only to find that I could not, due to the fact that there was a hold on it... About 2/3 of the way through with a due date of tomorrow...well, needless to say it was either turn it in then or try to finish it without skimming.

Thus, the Great Return Race was born.

And ended some time during 3rd period today. So it wasn't really even worth naming...but that's what I did. (:

So, The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa, the third in her Iron Fey series, was just as good as the first two. (: For some reason, this one took me more time to get through than the others as I've been working through this book for a little less than two weeks. In this, Meghan Chase (main character and daughter of the Faery King, Oberon), previously banished from Faery, is summoned back to help in the war against the Iron Fey. This novel, I found to be very symbolic in terms of creativity and passion vs. the march of continuous progress. It represents the creative mind as a dying breed, which, in reality, it sadly is. The resolution was also pleasantly symbolic in what must happen for creativity and technology to coexist and advance.

I could also apply it to myself because I both appreciate technology and find it interesting, but the products of creativity are what make up my hobbies and what my life revolves around. The Iron Queen is also, as the previous two, a simply entertaining story.

Up next will either be Club Dead, the third book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, or Thirteen Reasons Why, an independent novel surrounding the suicide of a high school girl, who recorded the thirteen reasons why she killed herself and then sent them to either her boyfriend or a boy that wanted to be her boyfriend. I honestly can't remember, but I'll have a more complete description soon. I have a feeling by the end of the novel though, I'm not going to like this girl at all.

Ah, and whilst looking for a good art quote to do part of my sketch journal on this month, I ended up finding a page of art all done on Moleskines. At first, I was reminded of the ink that descended on mine, but these... I clearly have to step up my game. (:

Here's the link should you want to see other awesome pieces done on the pages of a Moleskine.

No comments:

Post a Comment