Friday, September 23, 2011

Everyone... And no one, at once.



Tonight, I went to the 7:30pm performance of Cirque du Soleil's Quidam with my mom. Honestly, it was probably one of the most beautiful and enthralling things I've ever had the privilege to see. The stunts were amazing, the story was deep and moving, and the costumes/setting work were beautiful and eye-catching. I was so glad to have the opportunity to see it because not only did it awe me, but it has given me so many new ideas to use in my art.

I'm exhausted yet still stunned all at once, so I'll say it one more time: Quidam was enchanting and an experience I'll not forget any time soon. (:

If the title has you a little confused, it's the definition of Quidam, an original word constructed by Cirque du Soleil. Curious as to its meaning, I Googled it just now and it represents the feature character in the show, who represents "everyone, and no one, at once." Honestly, the character of Quidam reminded me of a Hayao Miyasaki creation. (: I loved him the moment he set foot on stage!



And here he is! --

No comments:

Post a Comment