Thursday, September 22, 2011

Books that make you go "meh."

I recall raving about Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. Though it is an interesting book and I appreciate that David Sedaris manages to write a nonfiction recollection of events in his life in the style of a novel, this just must not be what I want to read right now because it is dragging on and on...

Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting story. It's also an interesting turn on nonfiction/autobiographies. I'm just not in the mood right now. I have at least five fiction adventures waiting on my bedside table at home, all of which I've subconsciously picked up and read the first page of out of curiosity. Time to move onto other things. (:

The content of David Sedaris' book mentioned above was essentially about his life: his alcoholic mother, four sisters, the group of not-so-great friends he fell in with in school, and his father, who makes an investment in a new house in order to keep everyone happy. I read 162 out of 257 pages, so their arrival at the house is about where I stopped.

Like I said, good, just not my cup of tea at the moment. (:

In my lineup of books I'll be reading shortly are...
The Iron Queen - Julie Kagawa
Abandon - Meg Cabot
Thirteen Reasons Why
The Gunslinger (Dark Tower Book 1) - Stephen King
Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare
"Hare Moon" - Carrie Ryan

Yup. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment