Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just an update~

Randomly found my chalk pastel self-portrait yesterday. Still wondering how it ended up behind stuff in the living room, of all places... Possibly because it wouldn't fit where I keep the rest of my art? Either way, this was the one piece I couldn't manage to think of a good name for. I had to put something down as a title before it went into the Spring Arts Gallery, so I deemed it "Aquawoman." XD

...I really need to find somewhere better to put all that stuff than an old H&M bag.

Finished City of Glass yesterday. Probably my favorite book in the series. Now all I have is the...fourth one? And that's it, I'm pretty sure... I haven't put a lot of research into it.

Currently reading The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. It's...interesting, I guess... Maybe it's just not what I like to read. It's too, how do I say this...I suppose juvenile in writing style. It's trying too hard to be an awesome book when, yes, it is an interesting storyline, but it's just not written all that well.

Oh, well, I'll see where it takes me, I guess...

This book actually reminds me a bit of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland in how it's progressing.

1) Normal girl cast into a world she doesn't understand.
2) Is harrassed by various odd creatures.
3) Gets help from a talking, mischevious cat who can pop off its body parts on whim.

...Yup. lol

Listening to "Vincent" by Don McLean. Another pretty night. (:

And, just saying, it took me all of a week to cracking and drawing on the cover of my Moleskine. The back's all I've managed to decimate so far, but the rest is sure to follow. (:

2 comments:

  1. Decorating our Moleskines is a fantastic idea! It's a creative way to personalize the journals because so far we all have the same poems written inside. You should post a picture after you finish drawing on the Moleskine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the comment! (: I believe I will.

    ReplyDelete